Here they come

Place to talk while we get our act together.

Moderator: tkahike

Notenoughtime3

Here they come

Post by Notenoughtime3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Both Thursday and Friday I saw GIANT bus size RVs starting to show up. These were some of the biggest I've seen and I've see Unimog RVs roll through here before. Lots of out of state plates showing up but it looks like the elites are fleeing the cities and coming to their summer homes up here a few months early. I've heard reports from care takers and friends that many of the elites are moving in even while their homes are under construction projects still. Normally Memorial Day is the start of this nonsense up here. It'll be interesting to see if they stay through the fall. I have a feeling this is gonna get weird.

mrostov

Re: Here they come

Post by mrostov » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:11 pm

What state are you in?

Notenoughtime3

Post by Notenoughtime3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:06 pm

Maine. Near Acadia.

Notenoughtime3

Post by Notenoughtime3 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm

If you live in a rural area, prepare for an influx of city dwellers escaping the virus(but more likely bringing it with them). Grocery stores are staring to be stripped up here. Small stores haven't been hit that bad yet. The people who poo-pooed this thing are starting to get it. The people who still don't take this seriously and don't have anything set back are going to be in for a rude awakening.

Anyone want to start a pool as to how many days until the looting and food riots begin?

Or we could do a days until medical Marshall Law pool?

Personally I'd love to be wrong on this and for the whole thing to blow over without incident.

mrostov

Post by mrostov » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:24 pm

Here in the coastal bend area of Texas cops are maintaining order at supermarkets, even in small towns. Lines at cash registers on Thursday were so long they went to the back of the store, even at Sam's Club in Corpus Christi. Stores are having a hard time restocking.

The latest run seems to be a run on meat. At a local HEB supermarket they even had the local cops blocking off the meat isle so it could be restocked.

I talked to the folks at J&G Sales. In normal times, when it's slow, they move about 20 million rounds of ammo a week. He said it is 'hectic'.

I did any shopping I needed to do quite some time ago.

mrostov

Post by mrostov » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:57 pm

As a polite heads up, friends have called me about large amounts of military vehicle traffic on the roads and freeways in the southeastern part of the country. One source who works at the Pentagon has said there is a very high possibility that in a week or less they will shut down the country, except for supermarkets, hospitals, and emergency services.

Notenoughtime3

Post by Notenoughtime3 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:31 pm

Thanks. That sounds a lot like what Faucci said at the press conference.

Same here with the meat. Everyone loaded up and stripped it.

mrostov

Post by mrostov » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:45 am

They are pre-staging barricades in Miami.

A commercial truck driver in the Dallas-Ft Worth area has said that the DoT has suspended all regulatory restrictions and regs on commercial trucks, including weight limits.

Libertarian

Post by Libertarian » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:29 am

That is unbelievable! I was about to say that it sounds like wartime regs but we are at war. It's just a war that bombs and bullets won't help.

mrostov

Post by mrostov » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:31 am

The barricades they are pre-staging in Miami, the ones seen, are of the crowd control type.