Panic Buying

Place to talk while we get our act together.

Moderator: tkahike

mrostov

Panic Buying

Post by mrostov » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Looks like the panic buying of ammo is starting to gain steam. Both store shelves and some sources are starting to dry up on some calibers and loads.

Certain items are already leaving the shelves. In some places of the world there have been physical fights over toilet paper and toilet paper rationing.

Walmart and stores like it have seen runs on water, sometimes rice, etc.

Marine

Re: Panic Buying

Post by Marine » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Rationing has already started in my area at several stores, including costco, which sold out of toilet paper 10 minutes after opening the other day.

tkahike

Post by tkahike » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:07 am

You can never have enough on hand, but it is nice to have on hand and not worry. There is a little smirk that I shouldn't have lol

Badger Powder

Post by Badger Powder » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:24 pm

tkahike wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:07 am
You can never have enough on hand, but it is nice to have on hand and not worry. There is a little smirk that I shouldn't have lol
:mrgreen:

mrostov

Post by mrostov » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:56 pm

If you have females around, your toilet paper supplies dwindle fast. Your typical American female uses approximately one forklift pallet of toilet paper per year.

Unfortunately, most residential bathrooms in the USA don't have a bidet.

Get a 1 gallon garden sprayer from Walmart (abut $10) and use it as a bidet. This will save you an enormous amount of toilet paper, and get you cleaner.

Libertarian

Post by Libertarian » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 pm

I got used to using a hose when I was in Egypt. It turns my standard toilet into a instant bidet. I'll admit that the ice cold lightning bolt to the butt during the winter can be a little "refreshing", it's wonderful the rest of the year.

tkahike

Post by tkahike » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 am

My bidet is the best thing I ever installed.

bobd

Post by bobd » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:35 pm

I can't believe the crap that cheaper than dirt is doing. Granted the last decade or so they really haven't been cheaper than anything, but this price gouging they're doing is just ridiculous.

I have to admit, even though I don't need to, I've been making some runs to the store here and there. I think it's as much reconnaissance as it is wanting to buy stuff LOL. I made the mistake one day of going during the day when I thought it was an off time and it was a madhouse. But generally I go right in the morning as the stores open get in get out. These are smaller scale local type stores, and I'm kind of rural here, so hasn't been too bad but the shelves are empty in some spots.

CJM

Post by CJM » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:17 pm

just went to the local foodstore. besides being very low on TP and paper products they had everything and were operating as normal but limited paper products to 2 per person. i feel its gonna blow over sooner or later. my job has grounded us, as an auto estimator for an ins co i go to bodyshops. first it was wait 3 days and then go there, or get the shop to email pics. now its pics only or people can pick their stuff up

im stocked up with my stuff, should be ok. worst case i have a wheelbarrow, a can of peaches and a canned ar...

Libertarian

Post by Libertarian » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:24 am

CTD $980/1,000 white box 55gr? Bull shit!